Fun Fact: Not That Poisonous Poinsettias

Fun facts about poinsettia flowers

While a very popular Christmas flower, the poinsettia is said to be poisonous. However this is an exaggeration as it usually can only cause mild sickness if eaten. The terrible taste of the leaves usually prevents humans or animals from consuming it in the first place.

2 Comments Add yours

  1. Musings says:

    No kidding? So I guess I don’t have to worry about that milky liquid from the stem causing an irritation. That’s reassuring.

    Like

  2. Theresa says:

    I’ll pass on them anyway this year. I have a new kitten and she loves to get into everything she’s not supposed to.

    Like

Leave a Reply to Theresa Cancel reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s